Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The Kind of Final Update


I am pretty sure this will not be my final render for this First Quarter Project. I have worked on lighting and minor environmental stuff for the past week or so and I am pretty fond of the result. I decided to make a man in bikers clothing with a helmet, boots and a leather jacket. The man is somewhat general in appearance and appears to have a little bit of a heavyset figure. I had decided to render it in mental ray, and have shadows and other reflective lights make the model act as if they were the center of attention. I pretty ok with the final result overall my favorite parts are probably the helmet and the boots, because I find there designs interesting. The biggest problem for sure is some of the polygons that would most likely wreck this if I attempted to rig it, and the face basically being the definition of the uncanny valley. Other then that I enjoy the final result.

The majority of the stage environment and the model of my character.
Closer view of the model of my character.
Angled view of a closer version of my character.
Right side of my character.
Left side model of my character.
Close up of the face and helmet model of my character, and the uncanny appearance of his face.
Back of the helmet and light reflections.
The boots.
The face of Mercy


I have also realized with the render of the video you can see the endless black abyss that is where a root should be covering it, This will be addressed however do to the lack of time to re-render this is how it will look for now.

If you care to see the process of how I made this character feel free to look at the prior blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment